Introducing a new, exceptional policy that protects everything farmers rely on. We call it Ag Promise. Ag Promise is competitively priced, easy to understand and tailored to meet your specific needs. That's Farm Bureau Insurance's commitment to you and we have a team of local agents and adjusters ready to back it up.
Your farm is unique. Your policy should be, too. With Ag Promise, you get protection tailored to meet your specific needs. Items that can be covered include:
- Farm Personal Property
- Computer equipment
- Farm machinery and equipment
- Farm products, materials and supplies
- Fuel, fertilizer and chemicals
- Grain, threshed seed, feed, etc.
- Hay, straw and fodder
- Miscellaneous equipment incidental to the farming operations (tools, etc.)
- Additional acquired livestock
- Additional machinery, vehicles and equipment newly purchased
- Covered property away from the insured location
- Property in the custody of a common contract carrier
- Rental reimbursement for borrowed, leased, owned or rented farm equipment, machinery and vehicles
- Replacement machinery, vehicles and equipment newly purchased
- Barns, Outbuildings and Other Farm Structures
- Building materials and supplies
- Farm buildings/structures/poultry houses – including attached sheds and permanent fixtures
- Fences (other than field and pasture fences), corrals, pens and feed racks
- Improvements and betterments
- Outdoor radio and TV equipment, antennas and towers
- Portable buildings and portable structures
- Silos/grain bins
- New construction – up to $100,000 60 days from first date of delivery of materials and supplies, limited perils
- Private power and light poles – up to $1,000
- Property Causes of Loss Available
No matter what troubles tomorrow might bring, Ag Promise helps you be prepared.
Covered Causes of Loss (Basic)
- Collision – only personal property
- Earthquake loss to livestock
- Fire or lightning
- Flood loss to livestock
- Riot or civil commotion
- Sinkhole collapse
- Volcanic action
- Windstorm or hail
Basic with Collapse
Basic Covered Causes of Loss plus the following:
- Weight of ice, snow or sleet
Covered Causes of Loss (Broad)
- Basic with Collapse Covered Causes of Loss plus the following:
- Accidental discharge or leakage of water or steam
- Accidental shooting of covered livestock
- Attacks on covered livestock by dogs or wild animals
- Drowning of covered livestock from external causes
- Electrocution of covered livestock
- Falling objects
- Freezing of a plumbing, heating, air conditioning or automatic fire protective system or of a household appliance
- Loading/unloading accidents – livestock
- Sudden and accidental tearing apart
Covered Causes of Loss (Special)
- Direct physical loss unless the loss is excluded or limited in policy.
- Optional Property Coverages By Endorsement
- Farming requires more than grit and determination. Protect the equipment and things that help you get the job done.
- Agritainment – property
- Cab glass breakage – no deductible
- Disruption of farming operations (income loss and expense coverage)
- Enhanced coverage limit endorsement for farm personal property:
- Additional farm machinery, vehicles and newly purchased coverage is increased from $100,000 to $500,000.
- Borrowed farm machinery, vehicles and equipment coverage is increased from $10,000 to $50,000.
- Extra expense limit is increased from $2,000 to $5,000.
- Rental reimbursement on farm machinery and equipment coverage is increased from $1,000 to $2,500 per day, with the maximum for each loss increased from $5,000 to $10,000.
- Rented or leased farm machinery, vehicles and equipment coverage is increased from $75,000 to $150,000. This coverage extension is primary over any other valid and collectible insurance available to the property owner.
- Replacement farm machinery, vehicles and equipment newly purchased coverage is increased from $75,000 to $500,000.
- Scheduled farm personal property limit of insurance to any one head of livestock. Coverage is increased from $2,000 to $5,000.
- Equipment breakdown
- Buildings and related equipment
- Irrigation equipment
- GPS equipment
- Perils covered by equipment breakdown:
- Electrical breakdown
- Mechanical breakdown
- Pressure systems breakdown
- Peak season coverage
- Replacement cost protection
- Farm Liability Basic Coverages
- Bodily injury and property damage
- Medical payments
- Personal and advertising injury
- Custom farming; liability coverage provided up to the first $5,000 of annual receipts
Optional Coverages by Endorsement
- Agricultural drift liability coverage – ground application
- Business activities
- Custom farming:
- For work totaling more than $5,000 in annual receipts
- Farm employer’s liability and farm employees’ medical payments
- Limited pollution:
- Bodily injury and property damage
- First party supplement site pollution cleanup coverage
- Pollution cleanup – asserted under specific government authority
- Separate limit of defense equal to third party liability limit
- Third party liability – limited farm pollution incident liability coverage