What does a manufactured home insurance policy cover?

The coverage provided by a manufactured home insurance policy is similar to the coverage provided under a homeowner's insurance policy. Your local Farm Bureau Insurance agent can review the manufactured home policy with you, answer any questions you may have and tailor an insurance package that best meets your individual needs.

Available Coverage

Dwelling Protection

In a manufactured home insurance policy, Dwelling Protection protects your manufactured home, used as a private residence, against covered losses.

Protection for Other Structures

If you have other structures on your residential property that are separated from your home by a clear space, Protection for Other Structures coverage would protect the other structures as outlined in your policy.

Personal Property Protectionmanufactured home

Your furniture, artwork and other possessions are a part of your home, too. Your personal possessions are important to you and would be costly to replace. Personal Property Protection coverage provides protection for your personal property if damaged due to a covered loss. Be sure to review your policy with your Farm Bureau Insurance agent so you understand your policy limits.

Loss of Use

If your manufactured home is damaged to the point where it's not safe to stay there, you'll need to find another place to live while repairs are made. A manufactured home insurance policy includes Loss of Use coverage to help pay for your additional living expenses (up to the limits of your specific policy) if your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered loss.

Personal Liability

Accidents happen and sometimes those accidents happen when someone is visiting your home. In these cases, Personal Liability coverage provides protection against claims or lawsuits filed against you for accidental bodily injury and property damage for which you are legally liable.

Medical Payments to Others

If someone is injured on your property and needs medical attention, your manufactured homeowner's policy provides Medical Payments to Others coverage. This coverage pays reasonable and necessary medical expenses to anyone who does not live with you and is injured at your home.

Additional Coverage Options

  • Earthquake and Flood Insurance: Similar to a homeowner's insurance policy, a manufactured home insurance policy does not cover losses resulting from flood damage or from earthquakes. You may need a separate flood or earthquake policy. ​
  • ​​​​​​Boat and ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) Endorsement: This endorsement may be right for you if you would like to purchase physical and/or liability coverage for a small boat or an all-terrain vehicle.
  • Personal Property Floater Endorsement: This floater provides additional coverage over what is provided for within your homeowner's policy for valuable items, such as jewelry, silverware and guns. Your local Farm Bureau Insurance agent can review your policy limits and help you determine if a personal property floater is right for you.
  • Satellite Antenna Endorsement: This endorsement provides additional coverage for satellite antenna systems valued at more than $500.
  • Credit Card Forgery Endorsement: If someone steals your credit card, you don't want to be left holding the bill. Review your policy limits with your Farm Bureau Insurance agent to determine if you need additional coverage under a Credit Card Forgery endorsement.

This information is only a general description of the available coverage and is not a contract. All coverage types are subject to availability and qualifications.