Policyholders who have a Farm Bureau Insurance personal auto policy will receive a packet in the mail announcing these changes, additional coverage options, and how to move to the new policy. It is important to watch for this packet, review the enclosed instructions, and contact your Farm Bureau Insurance agent if you have questions.
The packet may seem large, but it explains in detail what will change between the current policy and the new policy. State law requires the current auto policy to be nonrenewed and that a new offer must be made to each policyholder to replace the policy with the new Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company policy. This means the packet will include an offer of Additional Uninsured Motorists Coverage and Optional Underinsured Motorists Coverage. The form must be completed and returned or state law requires the Company equalize policy limits for Additional Uninsured Motorist Coverage and Optional Underinsured Motorist Coverage, making them equal to the policy’s liability coverage limits. This could result in changes to the policy premium.
New Discounts and Auto Policy Features
The new auto policy offers some new, exciting coverage options and discounts to policyholders. Some, but not all, of the new features and changes are highlighted here. Please review your policy documents for a complete explanation of coverage changes. Your Farm Bureau Insurance agent can help you review your policy.
- A new auto policy discount will be available to auto policyholders who also have a Southern Farm Bureau Life Insurance policy.
- Paperless Document Delivery Discounts will be available, including a discount for paperless billing and a discount for paperless delivery of policy documents.
- An Electronic Funds Transfer Discount will be available for those who set up an automated draft connected to a bank account to pay the policy premium.
- Lower deductible options of $50 and $100 for collision and other than collision coverages will be available. Previously, deductible options included $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, and $5,000. For those who would like a higher deductible, $3,500 and $10,000 will also be offered.
- Coverage for towing and labor costs up to $125 will be available, including emergency roadside services.
- A Pet Injury Endorsement will provide up to $500 for reasonable veterinarian expenses or services incurred when your cat or dog sustains injury in a collision while inside your covered auto or non-owned auto at the time of such loss. No deductible applies to this coverage. The coverage is automatically applied if at least one vehicle on the policy has Collision Coverage.
- Liability coverage for trailers may be purchased if a trailer is pulled by an auto that is not insured by Farm Bureau Insurance.
- Policyholders may purchase “Medical Payments Coverage” as an endorsement to the auto policy for an additional premium.
- A $2,500 deductible will be required for any loss to a covered auto or any non-owned auto if the collision involves a licensed driver who has lived in the household for at least 14 days but who is not listed on the policy. Be sure to report all licensed drivers in your household immediately to avoid this deductible.
- If you use a vehicle to provide ride share or delivery services for a fee, be sure to discuss this with your agent. The auto policy will exclude liability coverage and other coverages while someone is logged into a transportation network platform or delivery network platform as a driver. Your agent can review an additional, optional coverage that may be purchased.
Here to Help!
Once you receive more information in the mail about the new auto policy, call your Farm Bureau Insurance agent if you need assistance. This would also be a great time to set up an account review with your agent so you can discuss coverage questions you may have, your policy limits or policy deductible, and review new discounts that are available.
Don’t have a Farm Bureau Insurance auto policy?
There’s never been a better time to get a no-obligation quote. If you prefer to talk to a local agent, find an office near you or give a customer service representative a call at 1-800-799-7500 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.