Keeping the Farm Bureau Insurance Promise
The mission of Farm Bureau Insurance is to care for our customers when they need us most. We made a promise to our policyholders to be there during their time of need. And although Coronavirus is a catastrophe different than most, we know our communities need relief now more than ever. We are grateful to our healthcare providers, law enforcement officers, emergency responders, utility companies, and so many other essential organizations. We are especially thankful to our farmers that provide our food and fiber. In turn, we stand ready to do our part to provide not only insurance services, but also financial relief to our families and communities in this time of crisis.
Promise to Give: Special Premium Credit
A one-time credit will be applied to all personal auto policyholders. This special credit is based on 15% of two months auto premium paid for each vehicle covered — an estimated value of about $30 million. No action needs to be taken to receive this special assistance. We will simply credit each customer’s next invoice after we start the program.
A Promise to Care
In addition to the premium credit, there are other ways we can help those who have been impacted by COVID-19. We urge you to contact your Farm Bureau Insurance agent if you have payment concerns or need additional help.
A Promise to Serve: Feeding Families
Farm Bureau Insurance is more than an insurance company. Policyholders are also members of the Farm Bureau Federation, the heart of the organization with a long-history of serving the agriculture community. Farming families work tirelessly to put food on our tables. In honor of their work and with so many struggling more than ever to feed their families, the Farm Bureau Insurance companies have collectively committed to donate $2.3 million to local food banks across their six-state operation. See photos from the more than 50 food bank donation check presentations made across South Carolina.
Connect Virtually or by Phone!
There are a number of ways you can do business with us without ever leaving home.
- Access your account online, where you can make a payment, file a claim, view your policies, and connect with your local Farm Bureau Insurance agent.
- Download the Farm Bureau Insurance MOBILE agent app on Google Play or the App Store.
- Call 1-800-799-7500 to reach a customer service representative.
- Search for your local Farm Bureau Insurance agent and connect by phone or email.
Call Before Visiting Your Local Office
Your local Farm Bureau Insurance office is open for business, but we are doing all we can to protect our customers, agents, staff and communities.
- Offices are currently not accepting unscheduled walk-in traffic.
- If you have a question or need help, call your office first. Most questions or requests can be handled over the phone.
Your safety and well-being is our highest priority. As we all continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation carefully, we will evaluate additional measures to support our members and communities as the need arises.
Frequently Asked Questions
We've compiled a list of the most common COVID-19 premium credit questions, so you have the answers at your fingertips.
- Which vehicles am I getting a premium credit on?
- Are there any items I have insured on a private passenger rated policy which are not eligible for a premium credit? If so, why?
- Which policies will receive a premium credit?
- What must I do in order to receive the premium credit for my private passenger policy?
- How will I know the credit was applied to my private passenger policy?
- Do I still have to make a premium payment?
- Will I continue to receive a credit if the stay-at-home orders last longer?
- Your press release indicates you are offering multiple financial assistance measures. What are these?
- When can I expect to see my premium credit?
- Will I receive a credit for each of the next two months?
- To which two months will my credit get applied?
- Why are my vehicles which are insured on a commercially rated automobile policy not eligible for a premium credit?
- I just purchased a private passenger auto policy with Farm Bureau Insurance. I am employed; however, I am working from home. Are my rates reflective that I am not driving to and from work at this time?
Vehicles that are insured on a private passenger rated policy are eligible for the COVID-19 premium credit.
No. All items insured on a private passenger auto policy are eligible for the premium credit.
Which policies will receive a premium credit?
The premium credit applies to all private passenger auto policies.
You do not have to take any action. The credit will be automatically applied to your private passenger policy.
The credit will be displayed on your billing statement with description of “COVID-19 Premium Relief."
Yes. In order to keep your policy in force, you must pay the amount due on your billing statement before the date indicated on the billing statement.
We are hopeful that as stay-at-home orders are lifted, the economy will recover and vehicle usage will return to normal. Coronavirus is like no other situation we've faced, and we will continue to monitor this very fluid situation for potential future changes.
We’re allowing customers to make partial payments on their accounts, extending time to pay when policies are getting close to cancelling; and we’re not charging returned item fees. We encourage all member-policyholders to contact their agent if they are experiencing hardships.
Programming and testing is underway to implement the premium credit, and we expect the credit will be sent to billing the first of June. Once implemented, customers will see the credit on the next billing statement they receive. If the account has been paid in full and nothing is owed, a refund will be provided if the private passenger auto policy renewal effective date is 8/01/2020 or later. A paid in full policy with a renewal date before 8/01/2020 will receive a premium credit.
This one-time credit will be equal to 15% of two months of premium for all personal auto policies in force on May 31, 2020. The credit will be applied one time to your billing statement once the credit is implemented.
A 15% credit will be calculated for two months of premium based on auto policies in force on May 31, 2020. This one-time credit will be applied to your next billing statement starting in June.
We and the industry are seeing a significant reduction in driving for private passenger rated vehicles. At this time we are not seeing the same type of reduction among commercially rated vehicles.
I just purchased a private passenger auto policy with Farm Bureau Insurance. I am employed; however, I am working from home. Are my rates reflective that I am not driving to and from work at this time?
Policies in force on May 31, 2020, are eligible to receive the premium credit. The underlying rates have not changed as we don’t anticipate these “stay-at-home” orders to be permanent and expect things to resume once lifted.